One of my New Year wish is to become a Subject matter expertise in .NET and become a speaker on Microsoft Technologies.
A part of the action plan towards achieving the above goal/wish is to start a technical blog and record my learning every week. I will be having atleast one post week (not limited to one, it may be more). It will be a summary of what I learnt over the past one week.
My learning journey will start from the basics…
- Basics of Programming – Data Types, Functions, Structures, Program flow etc
- Basics of Object Orientation
- Gradutating slowly but steadily to intermediate to advanced levels of programming in C#
- ASP.NET with C#
Its one of my belief that getting basics strong is the very essential thing for a programmer. So, I decided to start with basics. It may take time, but I am sure that after sometime I will be a better Computer Professional.
This Month, I will be reading and posting about two books.
- Programming in the Key of C#. Charles Petzold. The url for the author is http://www.charlespetzold.com/. He is in programming for many years. He has a couple of best selling books in Microsoft Technologies. His one of the book for beginners is "Programming in the Key of C#". A good read so far. Summary of my learning in next blog.
- Beginning C# Objects: From Concepts to Code by Jacquie Barker and Grant Palmer Apress Â© 2004. This is one of the very good book for learning basics of Object Orientation. The author has a very vast experience and is a professor in one of the top universities in USA. She has one of the best selling Java book for her credit. More information about the author in http://objectstart.com.
So, am ready to get started.. I will have more techinical stuff from next week.
Wish you all a Happy Pongal.
This is Nivasini's First Pongal. Myself, mom, wife, Nivasini, Grandma and Goutham went to Thottingadu for Pongal. This turned out to be a simple one and for the first time, we are having pongal without cow.. there are no cows in our farm this year. Gone are the days where the pongal preparations would start a month before. But, now things have changed totally. Pongal for most of the people in my place is just another day..
Does this mean that our harvest festival is slowly dying? May be… Only thing I can do now is think of good old days..
Chennai Book Fair
Today I went to a book fair in Chennai. Its been organized by “The Booksellers and Publishers Association of South India” at The Quaid-e-Millet Govt Arts College for Women. There is a stall for every publisher. What surprised me was, over 95% of the stalls (there are 280 stalls) are Tamil Publications. Man, I never imagined that there are so many Tamil Publications. What surprised me even more is the response to this book fair. I didn’t find a stall where I can move in freelly and check the books. There are 100’s of people waiting in Queue to enter each stall.
In the fair, the people from Publishing group spoke to me in Pure Tamil. They were polite to everybody. Good to be in such an environment. (You will not be surprised to see people talking on a Tamil Book in English…. I don’t know why? Anyway..)
Though I didn’t get too many books in the fair, it was kind of a great experience to me.
Today is kind of special day for me:
* Jan-8th is my daughter Nivasini's first Birthday.
* This is my very first blog
* I attended the very first .NET Community meeting today.
Its also a most missed day in my life.. Yes, my daughter and wife are in Pollachi. I missed my daughter's first Birthday. Its kind of very very sad thing.. Actually, myself and my wife decided to celebrate our daughter's birthday in Pollachi. We planned this a month ago and I booked my train tickets then. Late last month, there was an email stating that there is a .NET community launch today (http://www.CNUG.org) in Chennai. I stayed back to attend the community launch….. The reasons for this decision may be logical, correct and etc etc.. but a missed day is a missed day….
So, what will be on this Blog? Mostly the stuff that interests me. It would be mostly about .NET, my family and my friends and relatives.
You can expect at least one technical post a week. It will also contain incidents that made me happy or worry…..
With that said, I Welcome you all to my Blog. Happy Reading..